What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to, and stored on, your computer, smartphone, tablet or other device when you visit a website, such as www.sailazores.pt, or use an app.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize whether a user has visited it before and, if so, to optimize the user’s experience.
The information we collect from cookies allows us to profile visitors to our website or app and can help us provide them with a better experience. For example, if they have previously looked at a particular room we store this information in a cookie and provide details of special offers and rates for that room on subsequent visits. Cookies can also record your selected preferences (such as language) which we then use to tailor the website or app and the booking process for you.
All Cookies used by and on Our website, are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our website, supporting functions such as logging in, booking process and payment transactions;
- Analytics Cookies - It is important for us to understand how you use our website, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve our website and your experience of it;
- Functionality Cookies - Functionality Cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on our website such as personalization and remembering your saved Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category;
- Targeting Cookies - It is important for us to know when and how often you visit our website, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make our website and advertising more relevant to your Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties;
- Third Party Cookies - Third Party Cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Third Party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on our website, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above);
- Persistent Cookies - Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our website;
- Session Cookies - Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our website until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.